Your Hyundai car or SUV features a factory-installed exhaust system. Its role is to clean and eliminate unhealthy fumes that the engine produces when it burns fuel. The whole process occurs over several stages, so that your engine is able to run cleanly and efficiently.
How an Exhaust System Works
Your catalytic converter is up first. It captures pollutants and turns them into water vapor and carbon dioxide. An exhaust manifold then takes that gas product and sends it through your exhaust pipe. The resonator and muffler ensure that the gas flows as effectively as possible. Lastly, the tailpipe sends the cleaner fumes into the air.
Symptoms of Exhaust Trouble
Your exhaust system needs each part to work properly. Unfortunately, driving conditions can affect each component's longevity. Here are some signs of problems to look for:
- Your "Check Engine" light comes on
- You notice the smell of rotten eggs
- You hear weird noises from your exhaust or muffler
If you experience any signs of potential exhaust system concerns, have your car or SUV inspected. If that unearths a problem with your exhaust, replace the bad part with the best one available. That's always a component made by Hyundai, since they're the only ones guaranteed to be compatible with your model. Buy your exhaust parts from our online auto parts counter today. We'll get your order shipped right to your front door!
No results found for "exhaust". Here are some helpful search tips:
- Search by a part name. Example: water pump.
- Be less specific. Example: brake instead of ceramic brake.
- Remove information such as make, year or model.
- Can't find the part you are looking for? Contact us and we'll find it for you!